Risk assessments are essential for effective information security management.
The Global State of Information Security Survey indicates that security breaches are on the rise, and it comes as no surprise that as the number of information security incidents continues to mount, so do the financial losses.
Survey respondents in 2014 reported that the number of detected incidents soared to a total of 42.8 million, a 48% leap over 2013.
This increase comes at great cost: Total financial losses attributed to security compromises increased 34% over 2013.
IT Governance’s Head of Consultancy, Tony Drewitt, will be hosting a webinar on 6 November 2014 15:00 GMT explaining the intricacies of risk assessments using the definitive risk assessment software, vsRisk.
The webinar will cover the following elements:
• An introduction to the risk assessment process
• Identifying risks and setting the risk acceptance criteria
• Evaluating and analysing the risks
• Considering business, legal and contractual obligations
• Formulating an adequate risk response
• Selecting the appropriate controls
• Reporting and feedback
Find out how to get started with conducting a risk assessment that is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001 by registering for this free webinar now.